The only way the United States can become a powerhouse in water polo is to correctly develop the sport across the country. Tony is traveling the US to teach young athletes and coaches his “Fundamentals First” philosophy and inspiring kids to seriously pursue the sport. Too many athletes in regions outside of CA are not reaching the highest levels, and Tony believes there are two main reasons for this: lack of standardized fundamental teaching techniques and a lack of visibility in front of coaches and recruiters.
- Intro Speech by Tony
- 3 hour drill-based morning session: shooting & passing, driving specifics, center drills & broader range of fundamentals
- Lunch: athletes eat with Tony and have Q&A
- Completion of 6-8 Challenge skill assessment
- Scrimmage, 6 on 5 specific game or other interactive games
- Closing speech, pictures & autographs
*personalized written feedback sent following clinic
Tony aims to change this by focusing on running events in lesser-known cities and states across the US that exhibit potential for fostering water polo. Most National clinics will also contain a Coaching Program, Referee Training, Masters Session and 6-8 Youthball component for very young athletes. Would you like Tony to come to your city? Request a clinic in your area on his website!
Most National Clinics contain a goalie program run by 2X Olympic Goalkeeper for Germany, Michael “Mize” Zellmer.
Age/Level: all categories
Region: Greater USA
Position Specific: All
Average price: $150