Head Coach: Ricardo Azevedo
Considered to be one of the premier coaches in the world. Highlights include:
- Head Coach for the USA Men’s Water Polo Team, USA Junior Team and Long Beach State University
- Head Coach of the professional Italian team RN Camogli in 2007, unexpectedly leading his young team to the division Championship title game in 2008
- Head Coach of the Chinese Men’s & Women’s National Water Polo Teams, leading them for the 2016 Rio Olympics
Coach & Mentor: Tony Azevedo
- 5x Olympian & Silver Medalist
- 4x NCAA MVP & Former Team USA Captain
- Stanford Grad, Harvard Masters
Coach & Strength/ Flexibility/ Conditioning Expert: Brian X (Water Polo Strong)
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Coach w/ 7 years of experience
- Certified Massage Therapist w/ 6 years of experience
- Played Collegiately at D2 Fresno Pacific University and American River College
Assistant Coach: Jamie Oberman
- Defender at Cal State Long Beach, studying B.S in Kinesiology – Sports Psychology
- Member of the Australian National Women’s Squad- represented Australia at Youth World Championships (2018 – Belgrade) and Junior World Championships (2019 – Portugal)
Assistant Coach: Felipe Carsalade
- Attacker at Cal State Long Beach
- From Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Fall Season: September 6 – December 22, 2022
- Winter/ Spring Season: January 5 – May 26
- Summer Season: June 5 – July 28
The 908 Identity
- Accountability (Parents/ Athletes/ Coaches)
- Innovation (Using the 6-8 Platform)
- Family (Our Staff/ Why We Started 908)
- Slow and Steady (Long Term Success)
- All trainings led by Ricardo Azevedo & staff
- Specific training 1x per week with Tony Azevedo
- 6-8 Mobile App Subscription for the season
Does not include:
- USAWP Membership
- Scrimmage & Tournament Fees
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on tuition for each season.
Training Times/ Locations
908 currently uses one pool:
- Cabrillo High School: 2001 Santa Fe Ave, Long Beach, CA 90810
Tuesdays & Thursdays 5:30- 7:00 pm (Cabrillo HS)
12u Boys/ 14u Girls
Tuesdays & Thursdays 6:30- 8:00 pm (Cabrillo HS)
Wednesdays 5:30- 7:o0 pm (Cabrillo HS)
Winter/ Spring Season 2023 (please contact email@example.com before registering)
6-8 Sports Technology
908 will be using the 6-8 Sports game desk to score all club scrimmages and games. Parents and fans can view real-time play-by-play and game stats/ analytics on the 68scores output page.
Athletes (and parents) can also track their individual stats and analytics (including +/- performance indicators) through the 6-8 mobile app.
Registration requires you to submit your 6-8 ID number and the email associated with your app user account (this is the email that you use to create an account and login).
USAWP Membership ID Number
Since we are a USAWP sanctioned club, each athlete must have valid USAWP Membership. If you are not already a USAWP member, you can purchase a plan HERE. When prompted to select a club affiliation, choose 908 Water Polo. For now, Bronze level membership is sufficient.
Standard 908 Gear can be purchase HERE at the official 908 Store. Other gear will be made available for sale throughout each season.
USAWP has a new program to help clubs manage athlete safety. Please note that this is an issue we take extremely seriously and we will be following all required prevention measures and protocols. We will not tolerate any kind of inappropriate behavior or bullying. We ask that you maintain an open channel of communication with us and report any incidents immediately.